Sexuality is a basic need.
For most people – both men and women – sexuality is one of the elementary aspects of life. Satisfying sexual desire is a ccnstantly recurring drive, but it is not always possible to fulfil this demand.
But what if a man cannot rise to the challenge?
Then the First thing he needs to do is admit that there is a problem. It can happen that an erection is not sufficient for sexual intercourse. This is perfectly normal and no reason to worry. Only if most attempts at sexual intercourse over a period of at least six months are unsuccessful, is there an actual case of what doctors call erectile dysfunction.
This is more common than you might imagine. Almost every fifth man is affected by erectile dysfunction. This shows that no man stands alone with this problem. And, even more reassuring perhaps: almost all erectile dysfunctions can be treated – regardless of the cause.
Aelf-help and treatment options.
First of all: Go to the doctor! After a thorough examination he will talk to you about the various options available for treatment. Often you can considerably reduce the risk of erectile dysfunction by taking the initiative yourself, for example by changing your habits:
- Give up smoking
- Limit your alcohol consumption
- Get more exercise
- A healthy diet
- Lose weight
- Rest and relaxation
If these measures do not have the desired effect, there are usually other options.
Available treatment options.
The type of treatment always depends on the causes of the erectile dysfunction, and these differ from patient to patient. In many cases the failure to achieve an erection is a symptom of some other disorder. This is why it is so important to consult your doctor in order to determine an individual therapy.
- Psychotherapy – If the erectile dysfunction is caused by psychological problems, it is advisable to identify these causes. Once the psychological problems have been dealt with, the physical problems usually also disappear..
- Medication – The most common form of therapy for erectile dysfunction involves taking oral medication such as PDE-5 inhibitors. These tablets with the active ingredients Sildenafil, Vardenafil and Tadalafil influence the flow of blood to the penis for a certain period in case of sexual arousal. In addition to this, there are medication therapies in which the active ingredient is introduced or injected directly into the penis.
- Mechanical aids – In some very rare cases, vacuum pumps or penis implants are used to restore the ability to achieve an erection.
Important: The solution approaches cited are just a selection and are no substitute for a medical diagnosis!
Possible reasons for erectile dysfunction.
In general, a distinction is made between two categories: physical causes and psychological causes. Often there are various triggers. Erectile dysfunction is rarely purely organic or exclusively psychological. Only the attending doctor can say which factors are ultimately responsible.
Possible physical causes
- High blood pressure
- Prostate disorders
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Spinal cord injuries
- Hormonal disorders
Possible psychological causes
- Fear of failure
- Relationship problems
- Pressure to perform
- Excessive expectations
- Traumatic sexual experiences
Alongside possible illnesses, another thing that can determine the ability to achieve an erection is the intake of medication.
In addition to this, the age of the man is a decisive factor. With advancing years the probability of erectile dysfunction increases significantly.
And, not to forget: an unhealthy lifestyle can also be a major contributing factor towards erectile dysfunction, for example smokinq or obesity.
What to do in the case of erectile dysfunction?
- Nothing tob e ashamed of! The inability to achieve an erection is certainly an inconvenience. Whether it becomes a problem is entirely up to you. A real man will face up to the problem.
- Speak to your doctor! For you the situation is irritating and unaccustomed. Not for your doctor. He not only knows lots of other patients with similar problems, but also the possible sotlutions.
- Involve your partner! Place your trust in the person who means most to you. This way you can deepen your togetherness on the emotional level, as foreplay, so to speak, to mutual sexual gratification.
- Exchange information! In self-help groups you can make contact with other people with similar experiences. It is good to know that you are not the only one with this problem.
Hinterlasse jetzt einen Kommentar